Monday, February 25, 2013

DIY: single serve coffee


I wouldn't call myself a regular coffee drinker, but when I'm lagging a bit I definitely need to grab myself a cup. Today was one of those days. I felt like I was running on fumes and it just so happens Avairy has been staying up longer and napping a lot less. I feel like babies sense your depleting energy and suck out whatever is left. That's why they're always so energetic and you're so tired all the time!

Either way, I had myself a nice cup of coffee using a handy little invention, The Keurig. I love how it makes just the right amount right when you need it. I do hate how expensive the coffee refills can be though. $15 for 12 cups of coffee! Get outta here with that...

However, it gave me an idea for a DIY. Why not make you're own single serve coffee for cheap!


step one: grab yourself a coffee filter.
step two: fold it in half and sew 3 sides of a square with a sewing machine or by hand. Making sure to not sew the folded side.
step three: use a pin to make an small opening along the fold so you can cut it more easier with scissors.
step four: pour in 1 1/2 - 2 tsp of your favourite coffee into the opening.
step five: finish sewing the opening and cut around the stitching.




Voila! Cheaper, cuter and tranportable single serve coffee bags. 

These are perfect gifts for any occasion. I especially love the idea of giving it as a fun gift for a mommy-to-be for after baby has arrived. I made a super cute card to go along with the gift. I'm working on how to upload the template so you can download it, but I'll keep you all posted once I get it figured out.


Right now I actually need a big cup of coffee or some serious sleep time.

No comments:

Post a Comment