Tuesday, February 19, 2013

mealtime must-haves & first food

Today was a big day for my little bug. She turned 5 months and had her first taste of solid foods! I was going back and forth between feeding her avocados, sweet potatoes or bananas. All great first foods, but in the end I chose to go with avocados. It has a ton of vitamins and is packed with good fats to help brain growth and development. Avairy was definitely ready about a week ago, but I wanted to wait for her 5 month birthday. Just to make the day extra special.

I'm so excited to share these adorable pictures of what she thought of her avocado lunch!


She didn't really care much for the avocado, but she was such a good sport about it! I'm not too worried because it is the first time trying something other than formula. She'll get the hang of it.


This picture gets me every time. haha If she were eating spinach I'd call her Little Miss Popeye! Toot toot!


ALL DONE!

I was so excited for today that it honestly felt like Christmas morning. I got to open up my Baby Bullet and finally use it. And let me tell you, the storage containers are stinkin' adorable! It gives you pretty much everything you'll need to make your own baby food. Really handy! So, when it's time for your little one to start solids it'll be helpful to buy everything you need beforehand. Here's some of our favourite finds for mealtime!

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

I highly suggest buying silicone bibs with a crumb catcher. Ulubulu has really cute ones with a lot of different monster faces. I made the mistake of buying a plastic one and found it was too bulky. It kinda cut into her chin/face a lot so for the time being I just switched it up for a cloth bib.

If there's anything else that I'm missing on our list let me know! Also I would love to hear about your little one's favourite foods to eat, maybe Avairy can give it a go too.

No comments:

Post a Comment