Saturday, March 30, 2013

Last minute Easter gift idea

I featured this idea on my last Pinterest Tuesday (here) and I had to do it for myself! (It was just too cute to pass up.) There are so many different ways you can go with this idea. You could do it for a children's activity on Easter Day or as a last minute gift.


1. Blow out the yolk in your eggs or hard boil them.
2. To dye them use a mixture of 1 teaspoon of vinegar, 1 cup of hot water and 20 drops of food colouring.
3. Let them dry on a rack with paper towel lining underneath.
4. Write or print out your message and slip it inside your egg using the hole from removing the yolk. To make the paper fit, use a pin and carefully chip away a bigger opening. 
5. Package and gift away!

I don't think I ever dyed eggs before...maybe I tried to when I was younger, but this was so much more easier than I remember. The ways to decorate them are endless. I even used paper reinforcements to make the circle pattern on one of the eggs and rubber bands in the pink tie-dyed one.

As for the packaging, I found these jars for dirt cheap at the dollar store! They're so adorable. I'm thinking of buying some more to store bobby pins or make up brushes in too. 

I also picked up some things for Avairy's first Easter basket. I kept saying to Jordan over the week if I should just give them to her before Sunday because I couldn't wait to read her new book!


Have a happy Easter weekend everybody! Ps. it's finally warm and sunny here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment